Hauling too much weight can be dangerous and add a lot of wear and tear to your RV. Do it yourself RV.com provides some useful tips that will help you drop some extra weight.
It’s always temping to pack as much as you can fit in your RV, but these items can add quite a bit of weight to your rig. By making some useful modifications to your RV, you will make it lighter, reduce the wear and tear on your engine and brakes, improve gas mileage and still leave room for all your essentials.
- Remove and replace your window treatments and replace with blackout roller window blinds or shades.
- Replace your RV toilet/black tank combo with a compost toilet
- Remove unnecessary cabinets, shelving and drawers and replace them with lightweight plastic bins or wicker baskets.
- Remove sliding doors and replace them with curtains.
- Remove unnecessary exterior items such as satellite receivers, roof racks, ladders or awnings.
- Install a hot water heater bypass valve
- Use aluminum for any repairs. It is a strong metal that is extremely lightweight.
Learn more at DoItYourSelfRV (http://www.doityourselfrv.com/haul-less-rv-weight)