The National RV Dealers Association’s strategic partner KPA, a software, consulting and training company, will present a pair of sessions covering workplace safety and wage laws during the 2020 RV Dealers Virtual Convention/Expo. The virtual event, scheduled for Nov. 9 through 20, will be hosted online by the RVDA, RVDA of Canada, and the Mike Molino RV Learning Center. The event will feature a full program of class-leading education and new tools to adapt to a changing business landscape—all in a virtual environment.
KPA Safety Consultants Ted Ullmann and Brian Davies will host “Top 5 Safety Gotchas at RV Dealerships” from 1– 1:45 p.m. on Nov. 11. During this session, Ullmann and Davies will share the five most common errors they see while auditing and inspecting RV dealership facilities. This presentation will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing. The presenters will discuss:
- Measures dealers can take to prevent potential incidents and accidents
- Actionable steps and risk mitigation effective practices to improve compliance and minimize losses
- Possible consequences of violating OSHA requirements
- What self-inspections should be on any checklist
- Tried and true methods for keeping employees safe, a dealership compliant, and a dealership’s risk profile low.
In an on-demand only session, KPA’s Russ Cole and Robin Nigro will present “Wage and Hour Laws – Updates and Implications for Your Business.” Wage and hour laws have had several notable revisions over the last several years. The session will look at several and provide clarification and examples which will help dealers remain compliant. Topics include:
- Basic overtime and examples of states that have more than one category of overtime
- Calculating overtime for employees with two or more wage rates or types of compensation (i.e. hourly rate + bonus + commission)
- Exemptions from overtime, the new minimum salary requirements and who is exempt, and what are “primary duties?”
- Are sales representatives and service managers who earn commissions exempt from overtime?
- The difference between Outside Sales Exemption and Inside Sales
- FLSA Overtime Exemption 7i: updates and an explanation of how it works and who is eligible
Many sessions and all virtual booths from the convention/expo will remain online for later access through Jan. 31, 2021. Companies interested in partnership, sponsorship, or exhibiting opportunities should contact Julie Newhouse at [email protected].
Follow the convention on social media using #RVDAConEx. Visit www.rvda.org/convention for more information. Convention registration is priced to make it affordable with discounts for multiple attendees from the same dealership. To register, click here.