By Pennsylvania Automotive Association
Act 89, which became law on November 25, 2013, increases registration fees effective July 1, 2019.
Registration fees increase as follows:
- Passenger vehicle registrations from $37 to $38.
- Dealer registrations from $54 to $56.
- Motor home registrations as follows:
o Class 1 from $68 to $70,
o Class 2 from $94 to $97, and
o Class 3 from $121 to $125.
- Motorcycle registrations from $19 to $20.
- Motorcycle Dealer registration fees adjust from $27 to $28.
- Motor-Driven Cycle Dealer registration fees adjust from $14 to $15.
- Class 3 trailer registrations from $36 to $37.
- Special mobile equipment registrations from $54 to $56.
- Ambulance, hearse and taxi registrations from $80 to $83.
- Motor Vehicle Messenger Service locations as follows:
o Main office from $200 to $207 and
o Branch office from $99 to $103.
Registration fees for motor buses and limousines will increase as follows:
- Motor buses and limousines where seating capacity is more than 26 but less than 52 – from $336 plus $16 for each seat beyond 26 to $348 plus $17 for each seat beyond 26.
- Motor buses and limousines where seating capacity is more than 51 – from $775 to $803.
- The registration fee for school buses and school vehicles from $35 to $36.
Registration fees for trucks and truck tractors for Class 1 through Class 25. See MV-70S, available at www.dmv.pa.gov.
The new fees will appear on renewal notices sent to customers for the above registrations that have a current expiration date of July 2019 or later. PennDOT will begin accepting the new fee on April 17, 2019, for renewals listed above that expire July 2019 or later. PennDOT will begin accepting the new fee on May 8, 2019 for dealer registration renewals that expire July 2019 or later.
Dealers should ensure when completing applications impacted by these fee adjustments that the correct fee is charged. Failure to charge the correct fee for registrations with an expiration date of July 2019 or later may result in the application being rejected for insufficient fees.