Dogs are an important part of the family and many consider a summer vacation incomplete without them.
While your pup may not be able to participate in every vacation, camping is one where they can. Camping, however, calls for additional planning to ensure that both two-and four-legged campers have fun.
Learn more at Alexandria Times (https://alextimes.com/2018/07/outdooradventures)
- Is your pet camp-ready? Some dogs may enjoy a relaxed family-trip, which others may be up for that week-long backpacking trip
- Is the destination dog-friendly? Do your research.
- Make sure your pet is health and current on vaccinations and flea and tick medication
- Train for the outdoors
- Pack a crate for the campsite to ensure that they stay calm and safe if you have to leave them.
- Be prepared for any potential emergencies.
- Don’t forget the essentials.
Source: Alexandria Times