Issuing agents are required to attach a legible photocopy of the front and back of the accepted identification credential, along with any title and/or registration application submitted to PennDOT for processing.
Agents may only accept one of the following credentials for identification purposes in order to issue title and registration documents:
1. A valid Pennsylvania Photo Driver’s License;
2. A valid Pennsylvania Photo Identification Card;
3. A valid Pennsylvania Photo Exempt Driver’s License;
4. A valid Pennsylvania Photo Exempt Identification Card; or
5. A valid U.S. Armed Forces Common Access Card (CAC)− Dependents of Armed Forces personnel must provide a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card (DD Form 1173). – Issuing agents are permitted to photocopy the front and back of a military CAC as part of a vehicle transaction.
Each of the documents above must be in the same name as the name and address listed on the motor vehicle applications. If the correct address does not appear on the Pennsylvania identification credentials, the applicant must provide the agent with the Driver’s License Update Card. If the applicant does not have a Driver’s License Update Card, they must obtain one prior to the agent completing the application for title and/or registration.
Courtesy of PAA Bulletin No. 5, 3/12/2018