CHARLOTTE, Mich. — Spartan Specialty Vehicles, a business unit of Spartan Motors, Inc., added NeXus RV to its growing list of Class A Diesel RV manufacturers, choosing Spartan’s groundbreaking K1 360 Chassis for new motorhome model introductions for the 2019 model year.
NeXus RV’s Bentley Diamond 40′ Class A luxury diesel coach received considerable interest when first introduced to dealers at the Elkhart RV Dealer Open House in Elkhart, Indiana, which took place in September 2018. Now officially being offered to the public for the first time at the Florida RV SuperShow, the 2019 model year Bentley Diamond features the Spartan K1 360’s best-in-class ride and handling giving owners the same high-end luxury experience Class A RV consumers expect, now in a smaller, more affordable package. Additionally, the Bentley Diamond features Spartan Safe Haul—the only chassis-integrated air supply for tow vehicle braking systems available in the RV industry.
“Our market research and industry insight informed the strategy for this smaller Class A footprint, and the immediate adoption we’re seeing is a testament to our ability to listen, engineer and manufacture solutions that meet market demands,” said Steve Guillaume, president of Spartan Specialty Vehicles. “Our position as first-to-market innovators allows us a front row seat with RV manufacturers looking to introduce premium Class A diesel motorhomes, and we’re thrilled to add NeXus RV to the growing network of OEMs choosing Spartan as the foundation for their designs.”
The K1 360 chassis features an independent front suspension, non-torque reactive rear suspension, custom-tuned Bilstein shocks, and a Cummins 360 HP engine. Additionally, the K1 360 offers a campground-friendly cooling system and a side-mounted service center for users to readily handle any obstacle they may face on their journey.
Additional features of the Spartan K1 360 chassis include:
· 360 horsepower Cummins B-series engine
· Bilstein 46mm shocks which provide consistent ride tuning
· Easier serviceability with Spartan’s exclusive side-mounted service center
· 10,000 lb. towing capacity
· Raised rail design for frame strength and basement storage
· Rear-mounted radiator and charge air cooler, parallel air flow system with low-profile radiator with clutch to minimize noise and dust kick-up
· Safe Haul™ chassis-integrated air supply for tow vehicle braking systems
· In addition to superior technology, Spartan offers OEMs a network of nearly 300 authorized motorhome service centers across the U.S. to provide RV owners with 24/7/365 support.
“Offering NeXus RV customers an opportunity to purchase the industry’s premier Class A diesel chassis under our top-of-the line coach will be a differentiator,” said Claude Donati, chariman of NeXus RV. “Spartan chassis have a reputation for quality, durability, and superior ride and handling. Their simultaneous ability to provide our customers with 24/7/365 nationwide support gives Bentley Diamond owners the well-deserved peace of mind they’ve earned, from the road up.”
SOURCE: Spartan Motors press release