UNITED STATES —According to Black Book, a data collection company for vehicle values, the price of towables is at an all-time high.
“The average selling price of towables at auction last month creeped up about one a half percent, reaching another all-time high at just over $15,000,” reported Eric Lawrence, director of Specialty Markets for Black Book.
He added, “Surprisingly, the number of units available was down significantly. Motorized volumes were about the same as the previous month, but their values dipped once again, extending he trend we’ve been seeing most of the year. The average unit sold at auction was a 2010 model, or eight years old.”
The results were as follows:
For Motor Homes (including Class A, B, and C)
· Average selling price was $44,450 down $1,116 (2.4 percent) from the previous month
· One year ago, the average selling price was $47,723
· Auction volume was down 8 percent from the previous month
For Towables (including Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels)
· Average selling price was $15,021, up $217 (1.4 percent) from the previous month
· One year ago, the average selling price was $12,521
· Auction volume was down 28 percent from the previous month
Source: RV Daily Report (http://rvdailyreport.com/industry/black-book-towable-values-hit-all-time-high-2/)